Gain the basic knowledge to understand what constitutes high quality espresso and hand brew coffee, as well as fundamental knowledge and skills to start you on your path to becoming a professional barista. Whether you wish to gain employment in the specialty coffee industry, provide your customers with a better coffee experience or simply indulge in the delight that the perfect coffee provides, this course can provide the strong fundamental that will bring you closer to your goals. Participants will learn both theory and practical on :
- Understanding specialty coffee,
- Parts of the espresso machine & grinder,
- How to operate an espresso machine & grinder, including essential cleaning techniques,
- The art of extracting perfect espresso,
- Milk texturing techniques,
- Popular beverages that make up the coffee menu,
- Handcrafted coffee – The Pour Over,
- How to prepare espresso, latte, cappuccino and the pour over coffee.
Participants will receive:
- A set of course handouts,
- The opportunity to make espresso based beverages,
- The opportunity to differentiate between brewed coffee and espresso based coffee,
- The fundamental skills and knowledge that every barista need to have.